1 c uncooked quinoa
1 T extra virgin olive oil
2 c Vertical Water maple water
1 pinch of kosher or sea salt
½ c roasted, shelled pistachios, coursely chopped
¾ c pomegranate seeds
1. Rinse the quinoa under cold water for about 1 minute. Drain well and put quinoa in a medium saucepan.
2. Stir in the olive oil and heat over medium heat. Stirring frequently until the water from rinsing is evaporated and the quinoa is slightly toasted.
3. Stir in Vertical Water maple water and salt. Increase the heat to high.
4. Once the maple water begins to boil, reduce the heat to low and cover the pan.
5. Keep covered and simmer gently for about 15 minutes. There may still be some maple water not yet absorbed. Remove from heat.
6. Keeping the pan covered, let it stand for about 5 minutes or until the remaining water is absorbed.
7. Remove the lid and gently fluff the quinoa.
8. Put the quinoa in a serving bowl. Gently toss in the pomegranate and pistachios.
9. Serve with grilled shrimp or salmon, sautéed scallops or tofu.